Wednesday 15 October 2014

Naniboujou Lodge painting

In early September I was invited by my mother to attend her monthly girls day. her and her friends do some fun middle aged women activity which usually involves crafts and complaining about how no one does anything around the house. Anyways I had the privilege to DD for these lovely ladies and organized to go for a hike in Grand Marais. 

For lunch we stopped at the Nanabijou Lodge. I went down to check out the lake before I sat down inside. And when I realized I was probably holding everyone up from ordering I ran inside and say down. When I was looking at my menu I took a short moment where I glanced at my mom and then I noticed how detailed the the wall was and how it climbed all the way up to the roof. It was spectacular. 

I was so mesmerized by this that I knew I had to paint it since I love colours. 

I knew all along I wanted it to look abstract and imperfect. And I absolutely love it. I love the colours and how you can still the image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment