Wednesday 8 October 2014

Card for minister of education!

After I was asked to paint a card for the minister of education, I was determined to go out and find the perfect photo to capture that best represents Northern Ontario. My parents and I then set out on an adventure into the back roads of Dorion and we came across this beautiful lake called fall lake. We were able to kayak to the end of the lake until we reached this trail, that strangely enough led us to another lake, called Minor lake At this lake was a little green boat, which was set their as a generous gift to all who wanted to enjoy the lake. We paddled across this small lake, and when we reached the end their was an old deep tunnel that Used to be a mine shaft many years before. (Hence the name Minor Lake) on our way back as we rowed in the little green boat, we sipped on tea and coconut energy bars (my favourite) I snapped many pics on this little voyage but this is the one that stuck out the most. 

This photo really makes me feel at home, and that's the feeling I wanted to share with the Minister of Education. 

I was truly honored to have been chosen to hand this gift to the Minister. 
Dave Tamblyn, Michael Gravelle, and Liz Sandals. 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Abbi,
    I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for the thought and effort you put into creating a piece of art the Minister of Education will cherish for years to come. I enjoyed reading your recount of how you set off with your parents on a quest to find the perfect image to best represent Northwestern Ontario. The painting of Miner Lake with the water, and the late fall colours is an excellent depiction of the landscape found in our region. Well done!

    David Tamblyn
    Director of Education
    Superior Greenstone District School Board

    ReplyDelete